Trade Oak Frames is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including address, email address, phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Contact forms and email links
Our website contains information that enables a quick and direct electronic contact to us either by e-mail or via a contact form. Should you use our contact form, the data entered is stored within the website Content Management System (CMS) for a maximum of 12 months. The content of the form is also collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) protected by SSL, meaning it is encrypted went sent across the internet and then decrypted once received by our computers and devices. This information is for our use only and not given to any 3rd parties.
The data entered/collected is also sometimes sent via the same SMTP system to a member of Spi-des-ign web & Graphic Solutions Ltd, to ensure the system is working correctly. As our web developer/maintenance/hosting company they have also have access to the CMS and this information but do not have permission to use/distribute or contact you by any means. They are bound by confidentiality through Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2018).
Pseudonymisation is a recent requirement of the GDPR which many web application developers are currently working to fully implement. We are committed to keeping it as a high priority and will implement it on this website as soon as we are able to.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Third Party Data Processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section Applicable legislation.
We use Google Analytics (GA) on our site to track user interaction. The information collected is for our own use to interpret and better understand how people use our website. No information personally identifies you to us, GA records your IP address, which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this data. Disabling cookies will prevent GA from tracking your visit.
This website is hosted on our reseller account with Stable Host, full information about the company can be found by clicking the link. All information between the website server and your browser is encrypted and delivered by HTTPS over SSL.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In the case of a personal data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors, we will notify all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours after having become aware of it, if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under theData Protection Act 1998 andEU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR). A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address.
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Trade Oak Frames trading as Fine Oak Building Ltd
The Barns, Shrubbs Farm, Sheering Road
Hatfield Heath, Herts. CM22 7LL
Tel: 01279 739277
Data Protection Officer: Mr Richard Gurteen, Director
This policy was last changed and is effective from November 2021
Terms & Conditions
The term 'Trade Oak Frames' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose office is The Barns, Shrubbs Farm, Sheering Road, Hatfield Heath, Herts. CM22 7LL. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.